Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mother of the Year

So, my children were playing outside in the warm weather yesterday. They were on the trampoline with their purses and they decided to take the straps off of the purses and wrap them around one of the girls neck and pretend they were dogs.... Needless to say this was not a good idea and it ended in injury. One of my children got a huge scratch on the side of her neck.
So, while I was nursing her injury and explaining to the girls that it wasn't a good idea to do this, I also suggested that she not go to school and tell all her friends she had a leash around her neck and got scratched!
Well, she comes home today and says "I didn't tell any of my friends mom, just my teacher". WHAT?!? You told your teacher you had a leash on your neck?
Alright, lucky for me (not really)-- her teacher comes to my classes at the gym, so I took the walk of shame across the floor to explain to her teacher that I DON'T let me children walk around with a leash!!!!
When I was younger, thinking about parenthood and how fun it would be to raise children, I never, ever, ever thought I would have to have a conversation with my child's teacher where I had to say "I don't keep my children on a leash"....
Yep, Mother of the Year-- that's me!

2 comments:

Sammy the Bull said...

Are you Kidding? That's going to be your basic platform. I could get you elected in a landslide.

The Spin Chick said...

Landslide? Really? OK- sign me up!