Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Barbie and Ken Saga




Let me catch some of you up to speed....



I was playing a kids game on line with my children (webkinz quizzy's corner) and we came to a question about Barbie. We answered the question and then we received a fun fact that said...


Barbie used to date Ken, but they broke up!

What? When did they break up? I never saw this in my people magazine subscription!!!



So, I've told several people about this and here is what I've heard...


Yes, they broke up-- they have a divorced barbie now-- she comes with all of Kens stuff!


What? Ken didn't HAVE anything! It was the Barbie dream house, the Barbie corvette? What did Ken even HAVE?


I've heard that Ken had a car. I've heard that Ken had a horse, but Barbie has the horse and the stable now...


I cannot believe this? Didn't Barbie JUST get a belly button like 10 years ago? I remember the huge deal it was-- on the news and everything, but the break-up? I never heard a word!


I've also heard that Barbie had a baby-- there was a pregnant barbie and her belly popped off and there was a baby inside.


OK, that just sounds creepy-- I hope they took that off the market!

Here is a link I found about Ken and a make-over to win back Barbie:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=1303775n


So, I cannot wait to hear about what you know about the Barbie and Ken saga....
On a side note, I never heard anything about G.I. Joe!

1 comment:

Tara Larrimore said...

NEWS BULLETIN: Barbie has dumped Ken after walking into there Malibu beach dream house and finding a surprised Ken with an even more surprised G.I. Joe. Reports say that she jumped in her pink corvette and raced off to cry in the arms of another man......MR. POTATO HEAD! Though reports are still unclear about the state of there relationship, MR. Potato Head"s publisist has released a statement saying that Barbie does have his heart........and his foot, and his ear, and nose, but everybody is wondering the same thing, what about Mrs. Potato Head! More at 11:00.