Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Young Friend

Some of you may know this already, but just over a year ago, I lost a good friend of mine in a motorcycle accident. His name is JB and he was 25 years old. When he died he left behind a 5 year old daughter named Kayla. We recently had a fund raiser for Kayla at a place on Jewell road. I don't' want to make this a sad blog, it is meant to be cute.


OK, this is the place! It's a lawn mower tractor pull! Yes, I'll give you a moment to digest that.

It's a place where they hook up riding lawn mowers and pull a weight behind them to see how far they can go. I guess the one that goes the farthest wins something.


They take this VERY seriously, they had names on their tractors, they were painted and all dolled up... although I'm sure that's not the right word for it.


The funny part about it is... I had NO IDEA what this was. When I got dressed to go, I had on a nice long sleeve shirt, jeans, and a pair of strappy heels.... Um, yea! Everyone got a great kick out of this (I know JB was looking down and laughing) and I had to have the entire 'deal' explained to me SEVERAL times... "what are they going to do?" "Why do they do that?" " Do people bet on this?" Let me tell you, they had their trailers and uniforms, the whole deal... It's the first place I've ever been where I didn't say "Wow, I want one of those"...

Now you know about the little secret on Jewell road and I promise you... You'll never see me there again...

On a last note, YES we raised money for Kayla and everyone had a great time...