Tuesday, October 28, 2008

PSI AGAIN?!?


I know it's getting cold outside when I get into my mini van in the morning and see this... This is the tire information center in my van. I get in in the morning and hit the heated seat button to warm my legs and hope my muscles are ready for class. Just than I hear this terrible sound and this strange looking light comes on my panel. All my tires should be at 32 psi and I have one that is at 29....
This means I have a flat tire and I must put air in them right away. Lucky for me I have "run-flats" and I can continue to drive.

I guess the deal is, when it gets cold outside it causes the PSI of the tires to get low, what a pain this is. How am I supposed to know if I REALLY need air or not? Is it weather related or not? Any advice?


1 comment:

amarquis said...

I have run flats too, and you can drive for a short distance on them, usually far enough to get to a safe place. The bad news? The drop in tire pressure probably means you have a slow leak (nail in tire, or something like that) I had a machine screw in my run flat tire, and I found out that it couldn't be repaired like a normal tire. It had to be replaced, and it wasn't cheap. I haggled with the tire dealer and got a small discount though. Good luck and let me know if you need a ride! :)