Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Country Music and Me...

I'm sure you are all aware that I don't care for country music. It's not that I think it's bad, but I prefer other types of music-- I like my 80s and my 70s. I've always said I should have been a teenager in the 70s! (I've heard it was fun). Anyway, my point is this... I was out over the weekend and this country song came on over the speakers of the bar.... Here were the lyrics.... Honky Tonk, Ba Donk a Donk... Is that a compliment? I'm not so sure I would want someone talking about my Ba Donk a Donk? Than he goes on to say Who Wee-- that's an actual lyric in this song-- Who Wee? I'm not ever sure I've even spelled it correctly... THAN it says Slap your grandma-- OK, I've heard enough-- And just than he uses the word britches!!! I mean, britches? Who uses that word? I just don't understand HOW a singer/song writer can walk into the music company with THOSE lyrics and get a record deal.... I think I may have to write my own song!
PS. Kathleen-- I missed you in spin tonight- Sorry I haven't blogged much lately-- there were NO frozen jogs, just for you!

5 comments:

Sammy the Bull said...

From the Urban Dictionary:

ba-donka-donk
An ‘ebonic’ expression for an extremely curvaceous female behind. Women who possess this feature usually have a small waist that violently explodes into round and juicy posterior (e.g., 34c, 24, 38). Other characteristics would be moderately wide hips and a large amount of booty cleavage (i.e, depth of butt-crack).
Her badonkadonk made a brotha pop several wheelies.


My personal opinion is that you qualify, and I meant that as a complement. LOL

For further explination follow this link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ba-donka-donk

Sammy the Bull said...

Further explaination: My Personal favorite:

A pair of buttocks so spherical that scientists could calibrate their instruments with them

Danny Douglas said...

Oh, can we spin to that song!?

My favorite lines:

1. Lord have mercy, how's she even get them britches on

and

2. Got it goin' on Like Donkey Kong

That's why we do what we do, It ain't for the money, it ain't for the glory, it ain't for the free whiskey, It's for the badonkadonk

Tara Larrimore said...

After spending as much time in the gym as I have. Saying I got it going on like a big hairy gorilla is not what I want to hear. I'd mostly definatley slap someone for that including my grandma. (FYI: slapping anyone actually is a crime it can be considered a misdemeanor battery or felony assault depending on how mean your grandma is. Please don't ask how I know this I really don't like too talk about it.....my grandma was mean!)

Anonymous said...

It's one of my favorite songs:)