Monday, January 19, 2009

Just my luck!




As most of you know by now, my license is expired. I've been to the MVA TWICE and have yet to renew. The MVA is also closed today for MLK and tomorrow for inauguration day, so no chance of getting my new one until Wednesday.




What some of you don't know is that my van tags are ALSO expired.. it's a long story, but the van is in my ex-husbands name and the stickers have not arrived. They have been ordered and paid for, but I guess the postmen is WALKING them from Florida to Maryland (if you happen to see a postmen hitchhiking on 95, please pick him up).




Anyway, I was parked innocently at Starbucks this morning and I get stopped by a police officer. I assume he saw me pull in and noticed I had only a front tag, ran my FL tag and found it to be EXPIRED. Well, if that's not bad enough, he asks for my license which is ALSO expired! Yep, all this BEFORE I had my Starbucks coffee--- I'm thinking we are all lucky there were no casualties-- I mean, I don't even speak to people before coffee in the morning!




Well, it must have been my day because I got off with a $60.00 expired tag ticket and a warning on my expired license. What a morning!!!!!




I haven't gotten pulled over in YEARS!!!! Of course, as soon as all my stuff expires, here is Maryland's Finest-- oh well, I'm glad he didn't give me both tickets!




Oh, and my coffee and oatmeal were perfect!


3 comments:

Danny Douglas said...

Tiff if you need a ride to the DMV give me a call. :)

The Spin Chick said...

I may need bail money at this rate!

Tara Larrimore said...

you do relize that starbucks is right next door to a donut shop. Of course you ran into a cop.