Thursday, January 15, 2009

A mothers love...


So my child gets a wonderful cupcake maker for Christmas. Most of you know that my birthday was this past Monday, so my child decides to make me a birthday cupcake....
Before I finish out this story, I want to publicly apologize to my parents for making them eat all the cakes and cookies I used to make for them with my easy bake oven...
Now, there is nothing even close to the taste of a cupcake that you can make in the microwave in 15-seconds. My daughter mixed the batter, put this "dough" into a cupcake paper and nuked it for 15 seconds. Than, she adds water to this gritty powder and mixes that and calls in icing. She pushes the icing through a tube onto the top of this so called cupcake and presents it to me singing "happy birthday"....
I realize this all sounds nice and sweet, but YOU didn't have to EAT the darn thing, and smile and swallow!
Please, let me know when its your birthday and I will have her make one special-- just for you!

2 comments:

Danny Douglas said...

My child got one of those too! I can't wait to taste the culinary delight. Sounds yummy! My birthday is in May, BTW.

kprestipino said...

My kids got one for Christmas and OMG...it's nasty! They got the "velvet" cake mis....I want to vomit just thinking about the warm, velvet cupcake with the melted icing...