Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I JUST can't do anything!


OUCH! I am so sore from the new Body Pump routine and my hamstrings are killing me from the 4:00 spin class tonight! I’m gonna need lots of protein and even more red wine…

I want to vent about the word “just” for a moment. I’ve always said that once you become a mom the word “just” leaves your vocabulary. You can’t “just” run to the store, you can’t “just” stop in for a second, you can’t “just” do anything any more-- everything is a big production. Here was the schedule of my day:
6:00am-- alarm is going off, out of bed, coffee, breakfast, kids ready for school.
7:00am-- Kids off to school, I’m off to the gas station and than the gym.
8:00am-- gym doing paperwork and preparing for class
9:00am-- teaching boot camp and burning 600 calories
10:00am-- class is done, quick change and off to my second part-time job of making t-shirts
10:30am to 2:50pm-- I’m standing on a concrete slab while pressing, turning, pressing, turning, pressing, turning t-shirts. Mind you, the ink has to dry so it is at least 85 degrees in there! Thank goodness for good company!
2:50pm-- I’m off to pick up kids from school
3:00pm to 3:40pm-- home to change, grab a quick bite than off to the gym
4:00pm-- teaching a spin class
5:00pm-- home to cook dinner for kids, help with homework, bathe the kids, and get them ready for bed.
7:00pm-- shower myself, sit down, enjoy a sip of red wine before I hear the word “MMMMMMOOOOOOOOMMMMMM”

I’m pretty sure I didn’t JUST do anything today-- I did make it into the gym twice though! 547 calories in my boot camp class and 444 in my spin!
See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Danny Douglas said...

My Hammie's speak your name. You better be in Spin tomorrow "just" because.