Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Pound A Week!

Sometimes I think that because I know something that you all know it as well. Just as we've heard the saying "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", we fitness freaks know that loosing a pound a week is the healthy way to loose weight.

There are 3500 calories in a pound, so in order to loose a pound a week you need to cut out 500 calories a day. In order to do this you will need to work off 500 calories by exercising and still eating all your healthy meals and snacks, or you will need to cut out 500 calories of food a day.

Since I'm not one for counting calories, I like to wear my heart rate monitor to see how many calories I've burned during exercise-- this way once you've burned your 500 for the day you can eat your normal diet for the day or even a few more healthy calories!!! On the days you don't work out, try to find something that has close to 500 calories that you would normally eat and just cut that out-- for example, if you hit the McDonalds for lunch, try to have a small salad or fruit instead of the fries and you've instantly cut those out!

Want more information on this, just let me know-- got other fun ways to cut out or count 500 calories? Share with us!

No comments: