Monday, September 1, 2008

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

I had a great time on my vacation, so good I didn't log onto MySpace once!!!..

Day one: (Thursday)
I trained two clients in the morning, one of which was at 7am!!!! Only for a bride will I get up that early, in fact it was so early for me that when I got to the gym I noticed I had my workout shorts on inside out AND backwards. Yep, tag in the front, white strip from the who who was on the outside. My clients had to pay!

After my clients I grabbed the bags and the kids and headed to the beach. We arrived around 3pm and hit the pool right way. The pool closed at 7pm, so we went to grocery store, got lots of junk food and had dinner in.

At the condo where we stayed the kids found a toy from the past—a sit and spin. Of course my wonderful children decided to try to STAND and spin. Yep, I couldn't be prouder of the degree of smarts in my children. I knew that was as accident waiting to happen, so I put that in a hiding spot and broke out the bubbles—what child doesn't like blowing bubbles? Apparently my youngest just likes to EAT them. No, they were never dropped on their heads. I am in need of a beer with a shot on the side and for the kids to go to bed.

Day two: (Friday)
I get up early; enjoy a cup of coffee while I'm watching the OC channel on TV trying to decide what to do for the day. I find a water park off the beaten path and we all pile in the car… we're off! We had a blast—yes pictures to come! It was tough because it was three against one. Mom look at me, Mom watch this, Mom can you ride with me, Mom can you carry my tube… Needless to say by 1pm it was beer time again. Every time we went around the lazy river my kids made SURE I went under the waterfall that beats you half to death.

On the way back to the room I swing by the boardwalk and grab a tin of caramel popcorn that I plan to eat later tonight. Take the kids to Candy Kitchen so they can watch candy being made. They were very excited as they told me it was like Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I can't help but think about Lucille ball and that whole candy ordeal. A tear comes to my eye when I realize that the chaos of being a single mom is not too far off that episode.

Alright, back to the condo, back to the pool wear them down and get them tired out. While the little one naps I research more and make reservations at a buffet that has a magician and a clown walking around painting faces and such. 7pm reservations and we are off. $29.00 all you can eat. WHAT? All you can eat? Let's see now, one child ate two bites of pasta, two carrots, 18 french fries, and ended with a slice of cake. Child two eats ½ a slice of pizza, 8 cucumber slices, and finishes with a soft serve ice cream. Child three LOVES crabs and I do NOT! Don't like them, have never liked them. Of course being the wonderful mom that I am I get the crab legs and try to shuck them for her. I am so not good at this, I see the other people around me with tiny forks digging into the legs. Look, I just broke it in half... if no meat came out I threw that one in the trash bowl and got another one. Now, because I don't like crabs I was very careful with all my food. I didn't put my hands on anything including the bread roll. Not thinking, which is common with three kids, I squeezed a lime in my much needed Corona and that was it! CRABBY BEER!!!! UGH! Bed time for all!

We get back to the room, relax, have chips and dip, watch TV, I get the kids to sleep. I go to dip into the giant bowl of caramel pop corn and it's empty! What happen? My oldest said, it tasted stale so I threw it out! OMG!!!! Do these kids not know anything?!?

Day Three: (Saturday)
My breakfast now consists of champagne and orange juice and the beer drinking begins at 10am. R and T, they came up to visit me for the day. Swimming and drinking is the only thing on the schedule. Without going into too much detail, let's just say the day didn't turn out quite the way I had planned. I was asleep in bed before the kids.

Last day: (Sunday)
I hit the boardwalk early for MORE caramel pop corn and keep it well out of the kid's site. I also grab a HUGE bucket of thrashers fries, can't leave OC without those… Kids get hermit crabs. The man says to me, do you want bigger shells for them to grow in to? I said, well how long do they live? 50 years he tells me! WHAT? I said, what if they grow out of the shell and don't have another one, he says they will die. That works for me, I gave them man 30 bucks and left!
The car ride home--you know you are in bad traffic when the sign says "Speed Limit 55" and the electronic sign under it says "your speed" 8! Let's just say I'm sunburned on the left hand side and that's not from the beach!

I'm home and super busy. Can't wait to catch up on my 85 unread emails and MySpace messages.

No more Seattle S, I'm back!

No comments: